MRobot is an application for off-line programming of robotized bending cells.
It enables automatic and interactive robotic solutions for bending parts, simulation to ensure a collision-free solution, and the generation of efficient programs for both the robot and the press brake. MRobot also includes a module for easy cell calibration.
MRobot works together with MBend, our application for programming and simulating CNC press brakes.
Building on the power of MBend‘s automatic tooling and sequencing features, MRobot programs and simulate bending robots:
- First, you easily create a new bending cell by selecting all its components (including press brake, robot and a variety of peripherals) from a catalogue of pre-configured components, as well as import new components.
- Secondly, once you select your cell elements, you can position them according to the exact physical layout of your cell. You can also use MRobot to configure your cell layout, testing the validity of different positions for the various elements of the cell,
- Finally, you find all the necessary paths executed by the robot to pick up the part, bend it and place it back in the out-pallet.
Consequently, here are the main steps covered during this procedure:
- Fully automatic gripping and path calculations
- Interactive gripping with graphical feedback
- Manual path adjustments using control points
- Support for grippers with vacuum/clamp combinations
- Support for cells with rails
- Powerful yet easy to define stacking on the out-pallet
- Generation of NC code for both machine and robot
- Generation of NC code that guarantees coordinated interaction between robot and brake for smooth production
- Fast and easy cell calibration ( we provide a patented procedure)
In conclusion, MRobot is currently compatible with Kuka®, Yaskawa®, ABB®, Fanuc®, and Mitsubishi® robots, with more under development.
As an extension to the MBend software, these robots can interface with most press brakes, allowing great flexibility in cell management and choice of elements.